Serious Sleep Problem, Need Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been dealing with insonmia for a majority of my life. Latelly for the past week it has gotten significantly worse, progressively so. I have not been getting sleep barely a wink i believe. It takes me quite along time to fall asleep and when i do i have been waking up consistenly every hour or so and when i fully wake i feel even worse than before, like a barely even slept. I don't know what to do as i'm going through alot of light headness, brain fog, and alot of other things from keeping me fuctional. Just today i slept maybe 2 hours but woke up twice and feel like a barely slept a wink. It's extremely frustrating as i was doing well for myself until this happened. Anybody ever been through the same thing or is going through it, any advice. I do plan to seek a professional soon but it may be ways off.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to read this. Has your dr discussed the possibility of sleep apnoea - a sleep disorder?
    • Posted

Thank you and no im afraid. I had a sleep study done around last year i was told i do not have a sleep disorder but my sleep cycles were erratic. They told me my anxiety is a huge contributor to my insonmia which i don't doubt. It's just odd that it happenes when i'm actually enjoying life and being more productive. Each episode is different yet share similar traits so it's extremely taxing. I do try to stay calm and my anxiety has dropped since before but these bouts happen out of no where with no clear indicator. It's like my body just decides to screw me over for no reason when im being something more.

• Posted

Just a update, still can't sleep correctly. I constantly wake up ever hour now and i wake up unrefreshed. I just cant stay asleep no matter what anything i can take as melatonin has not been working.

• Posted

Im done, cant sleep at all. Extreme brain fog , fatigue. Contemplating suicide, at my witts end now. 

• Posted

Hi sal43009

You are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts we strongly recommend you to speak to someone. The Samaritan offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what your are going through.

They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet > https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you need.

Please do reach out - the team at the Samaritans, and the other people in our leaflet, will understand exactly what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest Regards

Patient

• Posted

Similar lifetime experience now 79 & fit apart from this, have been unable to find anything apart from Zopiclone which works, even that I only take about once a week as it doesn't work long term if taken more often. I do take 2 mg of magnesium citrate which seems to relax me & do work out in gym 2 or 3 times a week 

apart from that I just suffer the awful nights it's now 2.40 am 

anyone with any ideas ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.