Seriously need answers? Brain tumor?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im a 25 year old female. Never smoked and occasionally drink. Starting in Jan of this year I've been sick with strep. Antibiotics take it away and then a month later it comes back. In August I woke up felt like i had strep went to Dr and it was negative the assistant told me it was anxiety. I went to the hospital because i was hyperventilating and couldn't breath. They released me saying it was anxiety. I go back to my Dr. They said its my tonsils go to my ENT they bascially told me i had to get them removed. I am now 9 days post op. But I'm concerned that all these symptoms have been a shadow of a really serious condition. For 4 years ive been having a numbing sensation in my face I recently talker to the dr about it and he wants me to see a Neuro. I'm so scared this could be a brain tumor and I'm going to die soon. Idk if this is my anxiety or I'm actually really sick. My blood work came back normal. What is this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lauren

I am sorry to hear of your concerns. You have already consulted numerous doctors and I am unsure how readers of this forum can help allay your anxieties.i understand about brain tumours and your symptoms are very  unlikely to be a brain tumour. Your doctor is both wise and cautious to now refer you to a neurologist. I suggest you take that opportunity and I wish you well and good health. Try meanwhile to be positive and try not to dwell on these worries

Best wishes

• Posted

You are way over reacting. Strep throat (as you call it in the US) is a simple sore throat, at worst tonsilitis. You've had your tonsils out so it's done with. It has nothing even remotely to do with a brain tumour.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.