Seriously worried about cancer!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

First things first, I am a 20 year old male currently attending college and working about 25 hours a week in retail. I have really bad health anxiety and I am looking into getting a therapist once my insurance updates with my parents. But for now, I have been experiencing some really frightening symptoms, some that are new, and some that have recently come back. They are:

Headaches that feel like pressure in my head. Usually around my eyes, also sometimes my cheeks, eyebrows, forehead, the top of my head, and the back of my head. This is pressure and sometimes it is excruciating and scary.

Extreme waves of fatigue that hit me randomly during the day for 10 to 45 minute intervals, where I feel really tired and weak, I yawn a lot.

Just feeling crappy and not wanting to do anything, like I am depressed or have absolutely no energy to do stuff.

Some muscle fatigue here and there.

My appetite has been really weird, sometimes really hungry, sometimes I can go a whole day without eating.

I have not been trying to lose weight and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple of months. 

I know that anxiety can cause fatigue and maybe even headaches. And I have done 2 rounds of antibiotics with my GP and they said that I have no viral or bacterial infection, so I think my sinuses are fine, although they have been more runny recently. It is really hard to go to work and school when feeling like this and constantly running to the doctor is expensive and they have not helped. Please anybody tell me if this sounds like it's possibly due to stress. I am so worried I have some progressive illness as some days I feel okay but then recently I have felt no relief from my symptoms whatsoever. I'm worried the fatigue and appetite and weight issue is cancer related, but the headaches are also worrying me. I have no clue what is wrong with me and it is ruining my life. Please if this sounds like any serious disease point me in the right direction of help.

EDIT-

I guess I am specifically worried about some kind of cancer in my sinus, because I've tried using a neti pot and saline spray and it does not pass through one of my nostrils at all. I am worried there may be some kind of tumor there, and or some kind of cancer just effecting my entire body overall. That, or the fatigue is due to some other progressive illness and I'm hopeless.

-Rors

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could also be a pituitary tumor

Best to get an mri

Good luck

• Posted

You think so?? Oh my god this just freaked me out more...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.