Seroquel as and when needed for anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,my pysch has prescribed me 25mg seroquel to take as and when needed for anxiety, but will this work? Most posts seem to show that most of the folk take it every day? Also, i take 25mg the other night for first time and spent the next day in bed all day exhausted, this is so un like me. Obviously the seroquel was to blame, but if i am to take it as and when needed then surely

this reaction wont lesson like they do when getting over the start up effects of any brain medication.

I also take 20mg escitalopram, any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Anything to do with medication should be discussed with your doctor thats what you pay then for
    • Posted

i understand that, just lookingfor other people's experience with it
    • Posted

hi el-shiz.  Often times doctors prescribe medications for some things besides what they are intended for.  Seroquel is used mostly for Schizophrenia and or Bi-ploar disorder, manias and some doctors prescribe it to put people in a deep sleep.  I was given 25 mg once and slept for a couple of days and felt in a fog for a day or two afterward.  I never take anything before I thoroughly understand what I am taking and why and what the contraindications are.  Patients all need to become proactive.  Good luck
  • Posted

I know someone that uses it on an as needed basis. She also takes another antipsychotic drug and an anti seizure Med.
    • Posted

and how does she get on taking it as and when needed?
  • Posted

Everyone reacts differently to AD's what works for one wont work for another
    • Posted

thats right.  A patient needs to watch for symptoms and report them and especially needs to read the side effects and doulbe check if there are possible interactions with other medications.    Be proactive-Don't just blindly stick your tongue out,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.