Seroquil (quetiapine)??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering has anyone any feedback on this med. I've been given it for anxiety but it's an antipsychotic. I know different tabs can be used for anxiety. I'm afraid to take it was given it 3mths ago.Just wondered if anyone had any advice or experience with this. 2 weeks ago I was put on Lyrica and that didn't agree with me either.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My husband ( who has significant anxiety) was given this but it didn't work for him but that isn't to say it won't work for you. He tried it for a about two and a half months. He had no problems tapering off the quetiapine when changing over to another medication. I do know that quetiapine has worked for others. 

Hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for reply sue86025. I'm just so nervous taking new meds. I've had bad reactions to any ones I've been given lately. I just wish there was something that would just take the edge off. The xanax worked years ago when I first started them. Thanks again for your reply.
    • Posted

It's understandable you'd be nervous if you've had side effects. 

Good luck whatever you decide to do. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.