Serous borderline tumor with low malignancy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone been diagnosed with this and what was the outcome? I go to see the oncologist on March 7th and I'm a nervous wreck. Just wondering about others experiences with this. Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Following surgery back in May i was diagnosed with a borderline tumour.  I think mine was mucinous.  The first thing my consulatant advised is that this is not quite the same as cancer.  Go to the ovacome website this explains it  more clearly.  I have no other treatment other than 6 monthly scans x

• Posted

Hello,

I too was told at the start of the month that the cyst they removed did contain cancer cells, known as mucinous cancer they advised they didn't think chemo would be necessary at the moment so I do have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy at the end of the month to check there isn't any other cells anywhere else but they do believe they have caught and removed it all, so I was shocked to say the least when they told me but after speaking with my doc and the nurse I'm feeling positive about it all.

Ovacome is a really good website with a lot of information on there which has really helped me and I have also seen information about the serous tumours.

Xx

• Posted

I have a similar diagnosis. I need to have more biopsies to see if my lymph and fatty tissues are clear once I recover from myTAH and OOP and whatever else was done. I was also advised to take letrozole which I am dreading.

Does anybody have experience with this tumor inhibitor drug that is used on breast cancer patients also to keep junk in check?

Please share with me what you learn. We can get through this together.

• Posted

Hello just want to wish you good luck. can I ask how you were diagnosed,was this after your operation? I think it sounds positive for you with what you have said as borderline is not cancerous.take care Michelle xx
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes, it was found through pathology after surgery. The low malignancy part is what's confusing. My gyne said that only the oncologist can give me percentages and stage info so I have been patiently waiting for this appointment. Thank you for your kind words!
  • Posted

well, mine is staged as low grade vs high grade, one not being better or worse than the others. I don't understand my full diagnosis yet. I have to get biopsies to see if they got it all. They want me to take armomatose inhibitor drug (letrozole) but I am trying to find alternative options if anyone knows about this. 

I am also going to take zinc and grapeseed extract as well as increase my intake of cruiciferous vegetables, celery, and parsley, flaxseed, rosemary oil, omega 3 fatty acids, olive oil, and maybe DIM which I doon't know anything about as well as green tea, red wine (pinot is supposed to be good but then you are adding sugar so I may skip that most of the time). 

A good mediterranean diet is also recommended, limit meat, etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.