Sertaline 25mg to 50 mgs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi it's me again. I was supposed to up my dose to 50 from 25mg over a week ago and I'm such a chicken that I kept prolonging it. Tonight I decided to take 3 quaters of a 50. Anyone know if I will have to go through all the side effects again as the first week was pretty hellos? I have taken 2mg of diazipam aswell as im scared of taking pills so this is a big deal for me. Been on the 25 for about 2.5 weeks and do feel a Tiny bit better so really hoping this works. Tried so many pills in the past that it has given me a phobia as had such a bad time on them.

Thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about your medication but when they upped my dose from 10mg to 20mg it made me feel better

• Posted

You are welcome. We have to help each other because we know what each of us,are going through.
  • Posted

Maybe best to stop trying to control this. Just go for it and do what has been perscribed. You are already on it anyway. I dont use any of these meds i cant but i get like that sometimes with other medicines. I tell my to shut up snd just take the pill. The amount of stress you are putting into all this is a waste if good time. Just grab it and take and then you can say to yourself hahah self did it and im done. Right? I do that sometimes lol sounds stupid but you know some of these phobias can really intervene in the healing too. Draw the line in the sand now, the whole point of all this is get peace of mind. Dont prolong it anymore.good luck. Feel good.
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa. I really want to grab the bull by the horn and take a full tablet but I know myself all too well. I bring on my own anxiety and I really hate it. I feel for me it's best gradual. When I was younger I had no fear as I get older it's everywhere. I look at others doing the norm ie driving miles from home and wish I could do that. I drive but only in my comfort zone. I think I will ask my gp today if I can see a therapist. I guess this panic disorder is needing to get more controlled as it's controlling me now.

• Posted

Well I'm on 200mg of Sertraline. You will be fine, I've been taking it ever since I was little. Though its your sense of paranoia that's giving you these irrational thoughts. You will be perfectly fine. The Doctor knows what they are doing. smile

Cheers smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.