Sertaline 50mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok question for you all. I'm three weeks in and still having bloody anxious times. Mornings seem to be the worst. I feel I'm up and down all day. Today I had some strange burning sensations down my arms and my feet were freezing. How long do these annoying side effects last.

I am hoping for a miracle cure but hey I can dream on right?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different where meds are concerned. My own experience with sertraline 50mg was I felt worse before I felt better. It took a good 8 weeks for me to get on an even keel.

Mornings are always difficult for AD sufferers. They immediately question, How do I feel? Do I feel better today?  It's only natural to do so but you have to condition yourself to get up and get on with the day, not fighting against how you feel but accepting how you feel. Tensing up, feeling anxious or disappointment makes things worse, as does " listening " in all day to your physical symptoms.  There's a fine line between hoping to feel better and wishing it would all go away.

Hope gives courage, desperation smacks of fear.. Once you "go" with the day, no rushing round but as best you can, you will learn the symptoms diminish. The burning sensations, the cold feet, don't let it frighten you. AD has a whole host of strange symptoms that it throws at you. The trick is to stay calm, think, OH the hell! Here comes something new! and laugh at it, curse it but never fear it!

You'll get there smile

• Posted

Thanks dear Helen as always your words are a comfort.

I'm trying to just let myself heal as im off work on hols at the moment. I had to rush around asda like a looney earlier as hubby's car in for mot and he needed mine. Got home and said his plans changed so that rushing around set me off. So now I'm sitting watching a movie with my daughter.

How you keeping Helen?

• Posted

Hi sweetie smile

I'm okay, still floggin the dead horse like the rest of us, lol

Rushing round wouldn't help  sad  Did you get any chamomile tea? Taste like horse piddle but it's great stuff! Promotes sleep, settles the stomach, and calm,s the nerves. I buy mine at Lidl's, very modest price and good stuff, not like some inferior brands. And you do get used to the taste, I promise. Sometimes when I feel crappy I get in the bath and soak with a book and then get dressed and do my hair, put on perfume. There's nothing worse than looking in the mirror and seeing a defeated face. Baths refresh, re-energize and relax stiff muscles. If you look better you feel better.Hang in there honey! You are not alone. Keep in touch, okay?

Hugs Helen

• Posted

????????horse piddle my god.. Right first time for everything. With get some next time I'm at lidl.

Going to take a long soak later with some radix. Will skip the perfume as hubby may think he is getting lucky ??

• Posted

LOL! Don't put milk in it! Then it will taste like Mare Horse Piddle!

Firefox browser went ape on me sad I've just spent two freaking hours getting back up and running re-installing.....feel like screaming!!! Daren't have a bath! Might drown myself. heehee

• Posted

Hi

This thread is encouraging. I was on fluoxetine for a couple months but the side effects were causing too much interference with my life. I was switched to sertraline 50mg about 5 weeks ago but am having trouble sleeping due to restless legs and am still feeling very anxious. I really hope the anxiety improves soon; I just want to feel back to 'normal' again. I don't want to feel so anxious about going to work or the supermarket. I hope setraline does the trick.

• Posted

I'm finding as the days go on I'm gettin better. I still have to get past the anxiety but when I compare how I was to how I am there is an improvement. A few things I'm learning is to listen to my body.. If I get tired I go relax. If I am anxious I try keep busy and try not to focus too much on it. Easier said than done I know.

I am fortunate that I work from home and I'm actually on leave this week to get myself better.

Good luck x

• Posted

I was on 50mg of sertraline and after 3 weeks of still not feeling any better i asked the doc to up my meds to 100mg maybe give this a try ??...... p.s ive just bought the chamomile tea doesnt taste too good i found it more palatable whilst it was hot rather than just warm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.