Sertaline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've been on sertaline for six days now 50mg, to help with depression and anixety. Also on dazapan 2mg. Anixety is a little better but I seem to be more depressed. Anyone else feeling the same?, is it normal?.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, what I tend to find is that when my anxiety is low my depression comes to the front, this is probably happening to you now your anxiety is better, depression takes time to lift and it's early days for you on the meds so don't worry too much about it it's perfectly normal. Neil 

• Posted

Had a few thoughts of suicide that come and go, is this also normal?, feel like I'm going mad. How long does sertraline take to work?

• Posted

Yup perfectly normal to have these thoughts, I had them a lot during this episode. One thing I can tell you is that your not going mad that's a certainty. 

I don't think Sertraline is any different to other ADs when it comes to the time it takes which is usually 4-6 weeks to have full effect, you may feel things like sleep, appitite etc starts to return after a couple of weeks, this us an indication that shows it's starting to work. 

You may get all sorts of symptoms so don't be afraid if any of them concern you just put out a post. Neil 

• Posted

I appreciate your reply, I do feel like I'm not in control of myself and have a 'fuzzy' head. I know it's early days but becoming really fed up of waking up every Morning feeling like this. Have no interest in anything. I have great support from family and friends. Just want to feel like myself again. Frustrating!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.