Sertaline & Citraplem - any alternatives?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Having tried both of these anti-depressents/anti-anxiety pills I have had the same horrible side effects i.e. lack of balance, bouncing off of walls, feeling tired etc.

Does anybody know of an alternative that I could take without these side-effects?

Any ideas welcome.

Thank you!

Zoe

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried venlafaxine Zoe it makes me an insomniac but that doesnt happen to everyone.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

No, I have not tried Venlafaxine - did it lift your mood and help with your depression? I feel like I have a lead weight in my stomach and I just can't shift it...

I have a telephone consultation with my Dr at some point today (wasn't given a time) so I will ask her about this.

Thank you for the advice.

Take care,

Zoe

• Posted

Hi again Caroline,

I just spoke to my Doctor who said I should try Mirtazapine - have you ever tried this?

Thanks so much for being there for me!

Zoe x

• Posted

Dear Zoe really pleased you spoke to GP, mirtazapine is a good drug give it a good try its trial and error at times what suits an individual but if it suits you should be helpful.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you Caroline. How are you today? The weather here is better than yesterday (the storms drove my dog mental!) xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.