Sertaline day 6

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well I am on day 6 now of taking 25mgs of Sertaline and felling up and down. Today was the first day I woke up without the knot in the tummy. Sounds crazy but it felt strange not having it. I'm feeling quiet calm but I keep waiting for the anxiety to creep back. I felt a bit light headed earlier so said to the kids... Right bikes.. let's go for a cycle. I did feel good after that. Just hoping it lasts.

My worry is - it is early days yet and the first few days I had the high anxiety and light headed. So I'm hoping this is the end of the side effects and it starts working soon.

Thoughts welcome. We all like a bit of support Jay X

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It sounds like it HAS started working. Arent' we all strange....we feel terrible and we worry, then we feel better and we worry? Enjoy each day as it comes, enjoy your family and the cycle rides, waking up feeling calm and optimistic.

Looking back = regret....looking forward = anxiety. I believe there is a verse in the bible that says it best. "This is the day that the lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it".  Works for me. My sister loves that verse, so I hear it a lot.

• Posted

Ty Cia. Just feels strange to be feeling calm. It almost as if it's just sitting there waiting to spring on me. I am taking each day as it come.

Thanks for your words x

• Posted

When  first started taking  sertraline 50mg I had lightheaded episodes now and then. Whether this was due to my system adapting to the medication or residual anxiety symptom I don't know.

What I do know is waiting for "the other shoe to drop" so to speak, ie, monitoring your body/emotions for fear or your problems returning, will open the door to them.

As Cia so wisely advises. We  should live in the here and now, in the momentsmile

• Posted

You're welcome, Jay. There is no cat in the cupboard waiting to spring on you, just a puppy waiting to be petted.

(No ofence to cat lovers.)biggrin

• Posted

Uh oh....here we go!! Mrs. Slocombe is in the building!!!!
    • Posted

In fact my pussy has more hair than me! GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

When Mrs. Slocombe's pussy had to be left at home alone, she was quite out of sorts all day at work. Can't imagine why.

• Posted

It took me a minute to get what LMAO meant...At first I thought you were trying to write meow in a foreigh language.......but I GOT IT..

So, does that mean your a..  is at home with your pussy?

• Posted

I  took 50mg   SERTRALINE today. yesterday i took 5 mg of lexapro  i am doing a straight switch over from lexapro to sertraline in 1 day without detox . i always change ssri meds this way but dont try it to another class like snri  . The  50MG i took at 6 am  has not given me any side effects  , so fngers crossed  could be a cool straight tapper . the lexapro had pooped out i was on 10mg but reduces to 5mg weeks ago has i no the signs of a failing med .Remmission drops to low level depression and anxiety with aches and pains , TIME to move on so use stringing out a dead med
  • Posted

6 days is quick  , but dont knock it you will need to move up to 50mg has the 25mg is just to get the med up an running   its a very low dose  . 4 -5 weeks should be feeling good if woring
    • Posted

I'm really scared of Iping the doze as ssri's haven't really worked well for me in the past. I'm hoping this is the one for me. I look at the pills and can't believe something so small can do all this to our brains..

• Posted

you have to get through the bad , thats the reason you took the med , prozac a different med took 12 weeks to work on me i was sick all time. then 1 day  the sun came out  and all the colours  of the rainbow was in my brain , well worth the wait

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.