Sertaline first timer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Took sertaline last night

I took it last night had some trouble sleeping as I usually do I woke up very nauseaous with a bubbly feeling in my tummy and light headed and I'm a lil anxious. By now means am was I expecting to not experience any side effects but I just want to know if it's normal.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's normal you are going to get side effects it usually gets worse before it gets better

Takes up to 6 weeks for medication to settle and work

Lil

• Posted

I has nausea for 2 weeks straight. I was dizzy. Bad headaches. Increased anxiety. Decreased appetite. Low blood sugar. Out of all the forums I've read about side effects I have to say my experience seemed the worst.

I am on week 10 on Sertraline, First 8 weeks at 25 mg this is Week 2 on 37.5 mg.

• Posted

I think there are many many people on this forum who would disagree

It's not a competition to see who has the worst symptoms

Lil

• Posted

That is true. I was speaking on a matter of my opinion. From what I saw many people only had a few side effects. I had the common and the more extreme ones. But I also have heart problems which contributed.
  • Posted

Dizziness is already an issue for me so that is concerning I'm thinking ordering about magnesium oil
    • Posted

I promise once the medicine settles into your system the dizziness will go away. Breathing techniques can help. I do the 4,7,8 breathing. It can also help with anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.