Sertraline 100 week 5 worse than ever today

Posted , 8 users are following.

Been on sertraline 100mg for 5 weeks now and today have woke up at 4am feeling awful feel like what i first started my meds for this is not working at all do i carry on with it is it ever going to work?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

You should see your doctor to ask changing antidepressant. You should ask for benzodiazepines to help you until you feel better. Usually, psychiatrists gave benzodiazepines a lot. Primary doctors don't.

• Posted

Thanks for reply i am currently doing cbt which hasnt helped.I could of seen phyche but chose to do cbt who dont prescribe anything.

• Posted

I went to the A&E Whythenshave hospital, explained how bad I was feeling, it was unbearable, extreme high anxiety, I had the chance to talk to a psychiatrist who gave me diazepam. You can try this if you really need a sedative mate

• Posted

Im in a very similar position to you i am i wasnt doing too bad up until last few days today especially wow anxiety unbearable,I feel your pain i do if you feel anything like me at the moment,It feels like im on a comedown from a session on the beer and drugs(Dont anymore not had a drink for 7 months)All day every day cant look anyone in the eye feel sick headache no appetite at all have to force food down everything is forced dont enjoy anything and the worst thing is no one can help you and no one understands it unless they have suffered with it.,I cant quit i have 2 Children so thats not an option for me.Hope it starts working for you pal i think antidepressants just dont work for me good luck.

• Posted

hi there, i have experienced tremors with a high dose of 150mg but i went back to 100mg and feel better.

i seem to have more energy at night with it and i experience vivid dreams which i remember vety well.

• Posted

Really sorry to hear that and huge respect you still do your job. I cant function at all, cant work do anything, I am glad when I can go to the shop to buy some food, it is so fckn hard. I think this med is just poisoning us!

• Posted

Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear you’re still struggling. I started 100mg 7 weeks ago. My negative thoughts have mostly stopped and I am less depressed but getting really bad physical anxiety symptoms (jitters, shakes, restlessness) and still feeling pretty tired all the time. I ignore it most of the time and push through as best i can but it is pretty unpleasant. My psychiatrist has told me to reduce my dose to 75mg to see if it reduces the jitters and it hasn't made much difference.

How does that compare to your experiences? Have you experienced the shakes? or physical anxiety symptoms.

I hope we all start to feel better soon,

All the best

Ed

• Posted

HI pal,I thought i was doing ok for about 3 Weeks it was keeping anxiety a bit less was more depressed than anxious but these last few days have got gradually worse where today i havent eaten much anxiety through roof manifests itself in chest area loss of appetite and nausea headache u name it,Finish 5th week on 100 tomorrow.Could feel it creeping back up on

me thanks for reply hope u get better soon.

• Posted

hi, apparently they take longer to kick in. monitor your reaction and then speak with your GP about your feelings.

i've been on them for 4 months. they do seem to be working, but i did have side affects. I find when i go out and walk or i am busy it seems to work better.

hope this helps

• Posted

Ive been on them for over 4 months and just feel they not working at all for me

• Posted

what manufacturer sertaline are you on? been doing better on the accord but they ran out for my next refill ima be horrible again doesn anyone know a good manufacturer for sertaline?

• Posted

hi i have the same question 4 weeks on 25mg couldnt handle the 50mg and these past few days my anxiety is so high and im

getting many panic attacks been on so mnay others i feel hopeless

• Posted

Remember in the leaflet it does say 4-6 weeks to work and everyone is different. From this forum I have learnt it can take even longer than that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.