Sertraline 100mg feeling ill

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all been on 100grm sertraline for 4 weeks anxiety and panic attacks are through the roof had to come home early from short break away can't control the worrying feel like I'm having a heart attack feel no one understands the torture I'm going through 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brenda stick in there it dus get better I've been on them over a year now at the start I was the same as you, you have to give them up to 3 months to take full effect. I have not had one panic attack since taking these and I was terrible at the hospital constantly just try and stick in there xx

• Posted

Starting on 100mg seems extreme. I started on 25mg and still the increased anxiety was hard to deal with! Slowly worked up to 50mg

Maybe ask about dropping down a bit until you get more use to it?

• Posted

Hi Brenda, so sorry you're experiencing such bad anxiety and panic attacks even though you have been on zoloft 100mg for 4weeks! Because i was having horrible panic attacks and anxiety that was killing me. Daily panic attacks...a few that every time i felt death....it was horrid. My doc put me on zoloft 50mg to begin with 3rd of May.... i haven't had one panic attack since...the anxiety gone and i also had horrible thoughts of death and dying that i couldn't get rid of....they are all gone. Even if i try to think about them, i cant. So I'm just wondering if maybe zoloft isnt for you, it shouldn't make your symptoms worse, definitely not after 4 weeks!!!!

Definitely see your doctor....please....it isn't normal.

I wish you peace and hope you overcome this horrible thing we're all dealing with.... and i hope zoloft or if advised by doctor, another medication stops your panic attacks and anxiety asap

??????????xxxxxx

• Posted

Forgot to mention, as of a week ago I'm on 100mg permanently and feel great still. Only side effect for me has been, no appetite eversince i started.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.