Sertraline 12 weeks in / Advice please!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have been on Sertraline/Zoloft for a little over 12 weeks now. 4 weeks at 50mg and 8 weeks on 100mg. My anxiety has got better for sure but still here and more of a fleeting feeling but my intrusive thoughts are still present and bothersome. Has anyone out there overcame this problem with sertraline and I also get morning anxiety which im hoping will pass. I am going to do another 4 weeks on 100mg then I think I might up my dose to 150mg and see how I get on. Please guys any advice out there would be highly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

I'm having somewhat of the same issue (sorry not really any helpful advice). But I wanted to let you know I'm sort of in the same spot and would like to hear anyone's advice that posts to your story. I'm 8 weeks in on 50mg and my depression is gone but I still have general anxiety, still fear going places alone and severe intrusive thoughts that make me feel like I'm going to lose control of myself. I started 75mg today. Hopefully you receive some good advice! Good luck!

• Edited

Hi Casey,

Sorry for the late reply I have been busy with my business. I will be glad to tell you that I am feeling great! I still have mild anxiety but far far better than what I did. My intrusive thoughts have calmed down tremendously! Hang in there you are close!

• Posted

Was it not until the 100mg dose that you began feeling less anxiety and intrusive thoughts? I'm wondering if my low dose is just too low for what I need it to help me with.

• Posted

Yeah I think the 50mg wasnt enough. 100mg is where I saw improvements. It doesent stop your thoughts it just takes the anxiety levels down that come with those thoughts, dulls them down you could say. Everyone gets intrusive thoughts in life at some point thats fact. Its just how you react to them. I had a little fall back today which is okay cause that can happen. Tomorrow is a new day!

• Posted

I am on week 8 of sertraline, 4 weeks on 50 mg, and supposed to increase to 100 mg, which I am willing to as this is the therapeutic dose for OCD (intrusive thoughts). The last 4 days, in addition to the 50 mg sertraline, I have been taking gummy supplements (Stress - Gaba &L-Theanine, Energy - Coenzime Q10 & Vit B12), and not sure it's a placebo effect or they are actually working, but I seem to feel a little better (better able to manage the intrusive thoughts and anxiety). I have also read some self-help books on how to approach the intrusive thoughts and feel they gave me a different perspective on this topic.

• Posted

Hi Anne,

Sorry for the late reply I have been busy with my business. I will be glad to tell you that I am feeling great! I still have mild anxiety but far far better than what I did. My intrusive thoughts have calmed down tremendously!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.