Sertraline 150 mg for 5 weeks for OCD/ depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I have been on sertraline 50 mg for years.. I have a history of OCD.. I noticed a relapse coming and 5 weeks ago increased my dosage to 150 mg .. I still feel bad... Should I change meds??? Some days I feel ok and today I feel so depressed... Any advice??

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Maria,

How are you today? I just got back from my psychiatrist and he has suggested adding a very small dose of abilify to my sertraline. I suggested I wait 2 more weeks to see if I improve. I also just got diagnosed with OCD to accompany my generalized anxiety disorder.

• Posted

Not feeling so good today.. For OCD it's not uncommon to add a med like ability to help the original antidepressant out.. Usually a low dose. OCD is no fun.. Just remind yourself that any intrusive thoughts are OCD not you.. Even if it feels real.. They are false messages from our OCD brain. I am also giving Zoloft a few more weeks, I am seeing my general doctor tomorrow. I feel like I need something more. I am just really depressed.. I hope we start feeling some relief soon.. Thanks for reaching out, it feels not so alone😀

• Posted

I'm sorry you are having a bad day, mine wasn't the greatest either but we have to carry on. In a few weeks, this will all be behind us and we can go back to normal life. Hang in there.

• Posted

Maybe a sliver... In Wednesday my dr added 150 mg of Wellbutrin.. How about you?
    • Posted

I'm glad to hear that, a sliver is a sign of the light at the end of the tunnel. I've had 3 good days in a row.

• Posted

ace news vanessa,  i'm really glad things are picking up for you smile  (have a super day today!)

• Posted

Thanks sparrow...I owe a lot of it to you and others on this forum for the encouragement you gave so many times when all I wanted to do was give up.
    • Posted

Yah! Great news! You and maria will soon be back to your old selves! Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.