Sertraline 150mg , anixety is still there

Posted , 5 users are following.

my psyc upped my dose from 100 to 150 2 days ago

when will i see improvment in motivation and when will i be fear free , every morning when i just open my eyes my heart start pounding in fear and all day on and off , please any advice or hope .

ive been on 100 mg for 11 weeks and 2 days on 150

thanks for any advice .

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

time really , be patient and force yourself out no matter what.

• Posted

hi, itll be the side effects of increasing. keep busy with anything you can. you should start to feel better in 2-3 weeks. itll just 'click' and youll realise you feel well all the time. have faith, it'll work 😃

• Posted

im in a simalar situation.. gone from 50 to 100mg nearly 2 weeks ago... 6 weeks on sert altogether... feel shocking today, on edge, heart racing, socially feel awkward but put a brave face on at work... hoping to feel better soon... my head just feels fuzzy all the time... hope you start to feel better soon

• Posted

you deserve a medal for making it to work! stick with it, it's a devil to start on it but brilliant when your system settles. you'll get your life back 😃

• Posted

thanks for the reassurance , what dose are you on ? its awful when you try to push the day and its constantly . heart racing and scared and no motivation .

• Posted

although its my second round on this sertraline but i feel so anxious right now as im used to take 100 dor a good 2 yrs before i stop for 2 months and now back with a higher dose 150

• Posted

i was on 150 mg then dropped to 100, which was enough, i felt good, but i put on so much weight my doc suggested switching to prozac. but only 20mg, which isnt enough sometimes (work situations mainly). im still working on losing the weight, then gonna ask to go back on sertraline (or up the prozac?). sometimes i need 2mg diazepam just to get to work, but my doc is very tight with them and rarely lets me have a strip of 12, maybe every 3 mths if I'm lucky!

• Posted

why did u drop to 100 ? what happened to decide that 100 is enough ?

i was on 100 for 11 weeks and i wasnt feeling that better then my doc gave me 150 .

• Posted

hi dodo, id been on 150 for a few months, felt good apart from weight gain and loss of ability to orgasm! so i decided to reduce to best working dose to see if itd help weight/libido. 100 was enough, i still felt well, but weight didnt come off tho dropping the dose did help libido slightly! i think its advised to get to the dose that gives you that boost of serotonin that makes you feel well, for long enough to break habits of negative thinking, then reduce to best working dose. i may find a second time round, now im used to only 20mg prozac, i might only need say 50-75mg sert to do the job. I think my serotonin levels got suddenly depleted with hormonal crash of menopause!

• Posted

yes you are right , i hope 150 levels me out of this anixiety .

• Posted

sure it will. remember it increases anxiety before it stops it. no wonder so many people give up antidepressants early on! but if you get thru that part it'll pay off tenfold.

• Posted

I been on increased dose 150mg 5 days now, still having panic attacks, only 2 this week though, chest tightness, weird vague feelings, tension heads, generally feel awful, nervous shaky. I bn taking zoplicone to aid sleep, hasn't worked for sleep but did stop the anxiety for a good 3 hours last nite, felt really relaxed. Appetite is slowly coming back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.