sertraline 150mg stopped working!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on 150mg of sertraline for approx 3 years they worked brilliantly really helped alleviate my anxiety apart from the v odd attack. Now suddenly out of the blue they have stopped working its almost like ive stopped taking them but I haven't. I had 2 small seizures the other day because my anxiety went through the roof and ever since have felt permanently anxious. I cant sleep eat or relax. I have permanent pins and needles/ warm flushing sensation in my arms/hands and my body feels like it's on red alert. It honestly feels like im withdrawing but I haven't stopped taking them. Im very confused as to why they have suddenly stopped working like this. Has anyone else experienced this with any anxiety meds?? Need help greatly permanently anxious want my life back.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

make an appointment right away to visit your GP
  • Posted

Yes I have. I was more wondering if anyone else had experienced this.
  • Posted

Hi Natalie

Sorry to hear you feel so low, maybe it is a blip have you had something happen that has made you more anxious, but if you have an appointment that's the best thing maybe the GP will up the dose or change them.Take Care just wanted you to known have seen your post and you are not alone.Take Care.

• Posted

Thank you joan. Well im hoping that my doc can help cause im pig sick of feeling like this. Ive suffered with anxiety for 15 years nearly and for the last 3 I felt like I was beating it and now im back to square 1. Crossing fingers I can get sorted soon. Thank you again. Take care too.
  • Posted

I have been suffering nearly 3 years but you are good taking meds. I cannot get n with them impatient me cannot wait for them to work.So pat yourself on the back for taking them.
  • Posted

Hi natalie,

I am exactly in the situation where you were. I feel needles on my neck shoulders and arms. I am also very tense nearly all the time, it tends to diminish along the day. I am taking the 150mg sertraline in the morning. 

Could you please tell me how he it went on and what you did to get out of this miserable situation.

I would really appreciate your feedback.

• Posted

Hi Natalie,

I am on Sertraine since couple of weeks due to my panic attacks. I am dealing with the side effects at the moment. I was happy to read that u had been having 3 normal years. But sad that, it suddendly stopped working. Your post is from year ago though. Can i possibly know, how u r doing now? I need to have some hopes that I will b ever normal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.