Sertraline 200mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've been on sertraline for 4 years now starting at 50mg then over time upped and just 4 days ago i upped them myself after being at 150mg for two of those 4 yrs, to 200mg & for those 4 days I've not felt any different other than nausea on an off all day.. The reason I upped them is i felt stuck at 150mg the only way I can describe it, is being just below the line in the water but can't break through to breath, scared all the time worried etc! I'm 42 with 3 kids, up the wall, full of anxiety, fear,, I get only "slight" bouts of depression but very rare as I know how to change my thinking, I'm just hoping the coming weeks I will start to feel some benefit of the 200mg dose & feel a lil less fearless around people that would be great! I'm just wondering anyone had similar experience with this dose and are on 200mg and if so do they feel better for it??? I feel so alone as I have to put my happy mask on around the kids so feel like I got no one who I can talk to or understand me. Thanks in advance for any replies..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have recently relapsed into depression and started on setraline 4 weeks ago which is driving me nuts at moment.

I have found a local mental health charity which has meetings which has helped to know you are not alone.

Plus theres breathing space or samartians who are happy to listen they are not just for suicide.

I have found it better to talk to these helplines as they have the training to help.

• Posted

Elaine, are you able to access some Counselling or talking Therapy locally? If you are not actually having depression then these 'talks' should be able to help you work out some strategies for dealing with the horrible anxiety times. Also, have you considered looking at your diet to compensate for low Seratonin/Trytophan? Loadas of people including myself have improved our mood and thinking by dietry changes. Doesn't have to be complicated and there is advice on line.

All the best,

Phil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.