Sertraline 3 weeks still have anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear members 

I guess i need some reassurance. I have been suffering from severe anxiety since May this year. I have started 50 mg Sertraline 3 weeks ago. First 2 weeks were rough. I think the anxiety has been less since then but i am still not well. Is this normal ? When do people get better? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there , 

It could take up to 4-6 weeks for Amy SSRI to take to its full effect . Stick to it and you will get better !! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

• Posted

Hi magmag thanks for your reassurance. Its hard to cope at times but knowing that others have done it gives me hope and strenght to stick with the meds. 
    • Posted

Have you noticed any positives with your anxiety and self since taking the Zoloft? I’m wondering cause I have a feeling that’s the next med my doctor is going to try with me. 
    • Posted

Hi Mark 

I have yes. Initially i had 50 odd phisical symptoms and now i have only few slight ones that tend to disappear as day goes by. I feel a lot better in the evenings. Aparently it takes few months to get fully well. I had 2 panic attacks a week at least and since starting the meds i did not have any thank God

• Posted

That’s awesome I really really glad you’re having luck with it this whole cycle is draining! Good luck I really hope the best!
    • Posted

Thanks Mark i really hope you get better soon. I hope i get better too its though illness. Have you started any mds yet?
    • Posted

I’ve tried some in the past but they seem to sky rocket my panic and anxiety very very irrationally, I tried Prozac again (it used to work) and it’s been a nightmare of 3 weeks idk what to do. Sorry for the downerness.
    • Posted

It takes 6-8 weeks for meds to kick in thats what i was told by doctors and many people who used these meds. Also dosage adjustments could help too. I am in the same boat waiting to get well when meds fully kick in. I am sure your doctor will find the right medication as there are plenty of them but i would hope that you will feel better soon once your meds kick in. 
    • Posted

I know what you mean, i have been suffering since May and i have been off for a month from work as could not function so my hope is that meds will help. Wish you all the best and quick recovery. 
    • Posted

Stick to it ! Hang in there ! I have been through what you are going through now ! 
    • Posted

Thanks a lot for reassurances. How long you have been taking this med? Are you off the meds now? 
    • Posted

Hey , I was on it for a year but then my anxiety and depression relapsed really badly after a family crisis . I am on lexapro (escitalopram) now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.