SERTRALINE

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi to all,

So I've just started to take SERTRALINE at 50mg daily, any one else useing these, if so how do you find them, I'm useing them for depression,anxiety,& obsessive thoughts, realy hopeing these work for me as I need some peace.

Also I'm going cold turky from physeptone, so as you may know I'm not in the best place right now...

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin....I've been taking Sertraline 50mg for some months now,initially taking half that dose for around 3 weeks to minimise side effects.It has somewhat helped my anxiety levels and put a "blur" on the depression...I would imagine cold turkeying from opiates is an unpleasant scenario for you & hope you've checked out whether it's advisable to do this?I would certainly be very gentle on yourself,eat as many nutritious foods as you can,drink some herbal teas if you are able to,get a bit of fresh air too.... And hopefully you will start feeling better soon.All best wishes,Sally
    • Posted

Hi sally.

thanks for your reply, I dont know if starting at 50mg will be too much, but have pumping sounds in my ears & fast heart beat, yes the withdrawals from the physeptone is pretty major but just need to get away from the stuff, thinking I may need to stop the cold turky & maybe take a very small dose to get through it, ..peace.

• Posted

Hi Martin, I have been on 100mgs of sertraline for about ten years... it. Has made a huge difference to my life... I feel so, so, so much better on them....I would advise you to try them, depression and anxiety are very difficult to live with...... I wish you lots of luck and I sincerely hope that you feel better soon..... take care of yourself........a big hug to you.. Deirdre.xxx
    • Posted

Hi deirdre, thanks for your responce, it's good to hear that these are working for you & I hope that I have such a possitive outcome.

Thank you for your kind words.

• Posted

Hello mate, I've been on sertraline for 11 months, started on 25mg then over the course of the next few months found that I had to increase the dose to 50, 100 until nov when I asked to be put on 200mg per day. Thankfully I've only had to use that amount 4-5 times as the symptoms tend to be manageable on the lesser amounts most of the time, but there are days. .

Found the meds really really helped & would recommend them as a place to start treatment. . Only mild side effects, such as trembling & Caffine od feelings!! Otherwise am sooo thankful to be out on them! 

At Xmas I missed 3 days worth, to see how I felt & I was all over the place, mentally & dizzy/ light headed. Felt like I was going to faint   . 

Good luck with everything, Best wishes Marty

• Posted

Hi Marty, by the sound of things these are good, just hope they work for me as well, do you remember how long it took for them to start working, did they work for a while then stop so uped the dose, or did the lower dose just not work,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

• Posted

Yeah, no probs. . People have suggested  @ 8 weeks, but I felt more in control after 1-2 days. . Whether it was psychological or not I don't know, but that's when the hand shaking started. . Lasted for a day then no further side effects!!

The initial 25 mg dose worked really well for a period of time, then the symptoms started 'taking over' so increased the dose, this happened again so upped the amount to 100 mg, (with GP in the picture)! By and large that seems to have me sensibly stable & relatively symptom free, all the amounts worked but I guess depending on the severity of the condition will dictate how much you need!! Best wishes & good luck mate. 

• Posted

Thanks man, my gp had said around a couple of weeks for any signs of them working, but guess its different from person to person, & as you've said, how servere their symptoms are..

Thanks..

• Posted

Hi I have been taking sertraline for around 5 years now and find they help a lot.  I started on 100mg but had to increase to 150mg.  I take them for depression.  x
    • Posted

Hi hypercat, thats great to hear these are working for you, gives me some confedence that they will also work in my case.
  • Posted

Hi Martin Ive been on Sertraline 100mg and Quetiapine 25mg for a few months now for depression anxiety and agraphobia. So far so good i feel much better. Only side effect ive had probs with is mouth ulcerssad Im 44 and since i was 22 iv had chronic back pain so take Oxycontin and OxyNorm for that. I sometimes feel iv had enough of taking tablets day after day, year after year but was told that if ever i was well enough to stop id have to reduce them very slowly. Why are you going cold turkey? I couldnt do that no way, the pain from head to toe would be unbearable!! I hope the Sertraline works as well for you as it is for me smile  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.