Sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any tips on how to stop these terrible headaches paracetamol not working and can't take any other tablets please help

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I find that if you are dehydrated it causes headaches.If iI wake up with a headache,instead of immediately taking a paradox extra or whatever painkiller,I drink a glass of water and it is amazing how the headache can disappear quite fast.Also make sure you are sleeping on the right pillow,because if not it can cause neck ache and also headaches.Just try for a day or two and see what happens.drink plenty of water.Feel better.
  • Posted

I'm on sertraline as well & also suffer from banging headaches, cant help with any other pain killers, but just wanted to say your not alone in haveing these symptoms, I'm going to try drinking plenty of water now as Wendi suggests to see if that helps.
    • Posted

Thank you both for you replies.

I'm not really a water person but I do keep a bottle of water beside me all the time and take sips here and there.

Headaches are making me feel sick and dizzy and I just want to lay in bed.

• Posted

Hi cloe, I couldn't agree more about drinking more water to stop a headache. If you're not that keen try little and often 😊

Sending you a PM with a link for some natural remedies.

• Posted

Thank you I will look at the link now.

I also feel as though my left ear is all clogged and no matter what I do I can't unclog them so that could be part of the headach

• Posted

Sertraline 100mg

Diazepam 2mg twice a day

Lansoprazole 30mg

Beconase nose spray

anti-sickness tablets

I'm like a walking chemist at the min lol

• Posted

Only 2 tabs one tummy settler and I presume an allergy spray

do u have any other disco.forts

both diazepam and sertraline dehydrate you you do need to drink a lot esp first thing

I have a coffee late first thing whilst waking up , then lots of fluid

I find coconut water very good as its got potassium in it a d I also take cider vinegar first thing

• Posted

Hi Gillian, yes it's the dehydration that can cause a headache. I find a desert spoon of cider vinegar with a tea spoon of manuka honey in a large glass of hot water first thing in the morning works wonders 😃
    • Posted

I swig the cv down then take my hot milk coffee back to bed its really helped

later in the day I drink water with lemon line or fruit teas I'm on tramadol as well so I get very thirsty

• Posted

Lansoprazole is for acid reflux which isn't helping me and the spray is for my clogged ear which also isn't helping lol

Could acid reflux/heartburn be part of anexity?

My headache hasn't been as bad today and iv been sipping water instead of drinking it normal as when I do I bring it back up

Just want to wake up and forget all about this anexity been 3 months I have been house bound with it I feel so ill

• Posted

Drink plenty of Water is the best think, and try to reduce you cola and coffee intake
    • Posted

All I seem to want to drink is tea and I swig water now and then. Is the bottled flavoured water just as good then just plain water?
    • Posted

As Jimmy says however flavoured water watch the artificial sweetners they can give headaches

Go for caffeine free tea

or fruit teas pg tips new one jasmine in nice if the red fruits get a bit icky then vary I have a large variety

• Posted

If you want to reduce the headaches,PLAIN water in the morning,but a sip here and there is not much help.Believe me,it is surprising that it can work quickly.I don't have to take nearly as many Panadol Extra as I used to.Just try a glass.Normally headaches in the morning are due to dehydration.

feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.