Sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know you shouldn't take ibuprofen with sertraline. But can I use ibuprofen gel? Sorry for a weird question

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it will be ok, although the interaction will not be as significant with the topical ibuprofen, it will still be there. However, it may be ok on a short term basis, why not give a local pharmacy a call and check with the pharmacist. They'll be able to answer any questions you have.
  • Posted

I am going to say no, it is still ibuprofen --- but check with a pharmacist!!!
  • Posted

No u can't use it x
    • Posted

I have been on Sertraline for over 10  years and was never told I could not take ibuprofen. What is the reason that you can't take ibuprofen if on Sertraline?

Thanks

• Posted

Doctor told me not to take ibuprofen due to the risk of increase bleeding also read up not to take them both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.