Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi on first week of sertraline after been on citalopram for 6 week anybody else in this any good reviews?? Im on 50mg x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My mum started it about 6 weeks ago, she started on 25mg but is now on 75mg, there has just started to be a change in her, so i think it takes a while to take effect.
    • Posted

Or ye ok thanks katie ive been on a different one for 6 week then changed to this just a week ago i am feeling better than i did i guess i maybe getting inpaitent lol thanks for your reply x
  • Posted

Im not sure why you would switch meds after only 6 weeks unless they weren't working? I tried Sertraline about 10 days ago after a mini break down and it didnt agree with me. Ive been on Citalopram for 5 days and already feel much better. Different meds work for different people and everyone reacts differently to them. Just because they didnt work for me, doesnt mean they wont work for you. I had bad side effects after a few hours of my first pill so it sounds like they'll probably work for you? 

take care 

• Posted

I have a heart condition and the citalopram was giving me extra palpertations thats why they changed me i had all the side effects with citalopram these seem to be ok for me touch wood

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.