sertraline

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys ive been taking sertraline the 4 days... Its awful...

Im still really anxious...

Sore heads

Upset tummy...

I have had cold sweats today on my hands and feet...

Im just wondering is it normal for the cold sweats????

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Nadene,

I was put on Sertraline but suffered 8 migraines in 5 weeks, hadn't had a migraine for 3 years till then. I understand this is for depression yet when I went through CBT, I answered no to all the questions on depression and yes to most about anxiety. I went back to my doctor and I am now on Propranolol which is for anxiety. It's only been 2 days and I haven't bitten my nails for 2 days which tells me a lot.

• Posted

My doctor is putting me on propranolol to... But thats to calm me down a bit... Because i get so worked up so easy ha...

I suffer from anxiety, finger crossed this will be a better day for me...

I just fed up feeling like crap all the time...

Are you only on propranolol or are you still on sertraline aswell...?

If you don't mind me asking...

• Posted

No, ask away no problem. My view is that if you suffer from anxiety, you need medication for anxiety (Propranolol or equivalent) plus CBT. If you suffer from depression, you need an anti-depressants and counselling. Otherwise, it's like having a virus and being given anti-biotics it just won't do the job. It may be the case that if you are suffering both then you need both medications.

I am confident my issue is just anxiety and not depression so the sertraline had to go (and so did the migraines!)

• Posted

Im happy enough with taking sertraline, its just the shaking, feeling sick and being more anxious that normal...

I'd be a very anxious person anyway, i worry about everything...

Enough was just an enough for me to be honest...

I need something to help me...

How do you feel now that you are on a different tablets...?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.