sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

dry mouth, confusion,feel quite relaxed like lots of things go out you head, no fear in lots of cases ,i couldnt go on water slides now i will have a go , if u know what i mean takes the anxiety away

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria, I am suffering from extreme anxiety which may be related to peri menopause.

I've developed a fear of medication in fact I'm scared of everything but I know I can't go on like this. I've been suffering from dizziness since March & terrified I'll be left with this, I know the anxiety makes this worse & vice versa.

Would you recommend the meds ?

• Posted

Hi Brenda

I know how you feel, mine was also pre menapause.

I personaly stayed away from meds and I found the following got me back on my feet. It took time about 3mths but I'm doing just fine 99% of the time.

I stopped all caffeine and alcohol and replaced them with camomile tea. It's naturally caffeine and sugar free and is fantastic for calming anxiety and helping get a relaxed dream free sleep.  During the day I also tend to drink other fruit teas so I can enjoy different flavours.

Lemon balm capsules but I only needed these for about 4 weeks, these are very good for anxiety.

Rescue Remedy spray for those real horrid days. I was unable to be alone or go out the house for a long time till I discovered this and its great for calming the heart rate and your nerves.

Probiotic suppliment once a day.

Positive thinking and relaxation techniques.

All of these things together have pretty much stopped palpitations panic attacks anxiety and all the other issues that goes with pre menapause etc.

I hope this helps all of you in this thread smile

Stay strong people it does get better smile xx

• Posted

Thanks for your info. I've been in a terrible state since Saturday the dizziness & panic attacks are bad.

I wake up panicking & can't settle, I was begging my husband not to go to work this morning, feel terrible putting him under so much pressure

I'm supposed to be going on holiday on Tuesday to Spain with my husband & 3 sons I don't want to let them down but feel I can't go

HELP !!

• Posted

Get some of the rescue remedy spray you can use that as often as you like as its a natural remedy and it really is brilliant for calming panic attacks. Take plenty on holiday with you and if you start the camomile tea now its gives you plenty of time to settle into it.  Caffeine and alcohol are massive stimulant for anxiety and panic. I was drinking 15 mugs of coffee a day and it was hard to switch but it's been worth it.  I have never really drank alcohol but the little I did drink really affected me the day after.

Also I dont mean to be personal but are on any contraceptive pill? I wasn't as I was steralised many years ago but I'm now on the mini pill and because my monthlys are now controled that has also helped a massive amount.

I hope this helps.

Try and relax and enjoy your holiday

Mel x

• Posted

Hi Mel, I was also sterilised many years ago, I've not had any periods really since January this year, my gyno had gave me prem pak c to try but stopped it because it brought on heavy bleeding. I have a fibroid as well. No more bleeding since then.

I have suffered From ME before & worried I've brought it back with all the worrying & panicking I'm doing , I feel an inner tremor, wobbly weak legs, cramps in stomach, nipples really sore. Just don't know what to do for the best , wondering whether to try HRT again.

I'm also worried about going on holiday feeling like this, do you think I should go?

Going to get some camomile tea to try x

• Posted

Hi

I had exactlly the same and it is horrendous. ask your gp about the mini pill not the HRT just the basic mini pill.

I would highly suggest you get the rescue remedy spray you will see just how brilliant it is then decide on your holiday.  I honestly believe with rescue remedy the holiday will do you the absolute world of good, but its how you feel that matters. I dreaded my last holiday because of the symptoms but once i got there I totally chilled out using my spray and camomile tea smile

If you have a Holland and Barrett by you I swear by them smile I'm big on herbel remedies because meds scare the heck out of me with all the side effects.

Stay strong hun and feel free to message me at any time

Mel xx

• Posted

Thanks Mel that means a lot talking to someone who's suffered the same symptoms. Went out to H&B when my husband came home from work was only in for 5 mins & legs felt wobbly & worried I would faint. Left with menopace original, don't know if these will help, I've got rescue remedy but have only used it maybe once per day so I'll take more of this.

Was wondering Mel did you have any problems with your balance & the weak wobbly leg thing?

• Posted

Hi

Yes I did it was awful I also had chronic pain in my ribs.

The RR is deffo worth using as soon as you feel an attack coming on. I used to have 5 sprays every few mins till I calmed down smile

Mel xx

• Posted

Ok thanks I'll keep the RR handy, I dident know peri could cause problems with your legs & balance.

Have a nice evening xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.