Sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone get overheated taking sertraline.  I get so hot.

lynda

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I started taking this about 6 months a go, also had the contraceptive injection start at the same time. i have a lot of hot flushes but the worst symptom i get is really bad night sweats, my bed is soaking every morning. i have had 2 injections now and the last one is due to run out in 4 weeks. i am not sure whether it is that of the quetiapine (sertraline in a different name) so am waiting til then to see if it continues. but seeing this post has made me think maybe it is the pills x

• Posted

i never had the pleasure of taking that.i am ston effexor and dont know how to withdrawal.i thought i read some where you was alo taking effexor.how do you come off it
  • Posted

its one of the reasons i had to stop taking sertraline with a few other side effects it just wasnt the one for me go back see your doctor if it gets to much maybe its not the right tablet for you 
    • Posted

Steve

what meds will you use in future.  What dosage and for how long were you on sertraline.  Forgive me if I asked this question before. Did you ever feel any relief?

lynda

• Posted

Yes I do but I put this down to the change of life as I still get hot flushes.  I have not heard of it being caused by sertraline.  Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.