Sertraline

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I recently took sertraline for 6 days, couldn't handle side effects so stopped 6 days ago just wondering when they will be out of my system?.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everybody works in their own way but I think I read somewhere two weeks? I'm on them to control my OCD. You should probably see your Dr about it. They'd know alot more. Nick.
    • Posted

Hi nick I was put on them for anxiety but the side effects was way to much to handle so I forgot to take one then felt better so I just didn't bother to take another now it's 6 days on, I'm back at the docs tomo and I really want to try natural as ADs scare the life out of me, keep thinking they do more harm than good.
    • Posted

Hi yes if you feel something doesn't agree with you, you're right you are the best person to judge that, sertraline does make you drowsy/ phase out some. Some people cant handle that, makes them feel uncomfy. Without my AD's I'm a complete nightmare, maybe tomorrow you can ask your Dr about whether breathing techniques or yoga, meditation could help you out? I don't know where you live but also I got referred to gym, to help me 'be around' people again, haven't been for a ling time as I fell ill but it was getting me out and focused, or maybe when you feel the anxiety coming on you could try to focus on a new subject (I find for example if I count to ten in English its useless, too easy. If I count to thirty in French however I have to think and sometimes, its not perfect but it does help sometimes) choose a subject that interests you but isn't too easy,lol I suck at vocal communication so you can see why I opted for language! Good luck, Nick
    • Posted

I'm currently doing cbt atm which I did today and actually enjoyed it, I have thought about the gym but I have 3 children 6, 3 and 1 so I barely have time on my hands, lol I did try kick boxing but after I session I felt hurt the next day lol (wasn't for me) good luck on your recovery too! Hopefully I can find something that works for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.