sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any body out there take this drug?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gloria 

I am on sertraline I take Zoloft 25mgs for my depression and anxieties i also take lorazepam, lamotrigine, and trazodone. 

Zoloft has helped me 

• Posted

Hey. I was on it last year . 150mg for about 7 months. I came off it last month.

How are you feeling and what dose are you on?

• Posted

I am only on 25mgs once a day at bedtime with my trazodone and me lamotrigine and my lorazepam and it helps me sleep better 

i do feel a little better on it my moods are better too

• Posted

I'm so glad it's helping you sleep. I suffer from insomnia and im on zopiclone .

I was put on trazadone 2 weeks ago instead of the setraline to help me sleep but the side effects have been awful. constant banging headache and dizziness. I stopped it a few days ago so now I'm on no antidepressant at the moment . I'm just trying to combat the depression and anxiety mentally but it's difficult .

I'm still on the zopiclone which is a godsend.

• Posted

Thats not good to go off and on medication because it can make symptoms worse 

Have you talked to your doctor about a change in meds I would if i were you. 

That was my problem i was always going off and on medication because of all the side effects and me case managers tell me that not good whats more important the side effects or feeling better feeling better is important to me i just don't want to feel bad anymore 

• Posted

Yes. They told me to come off the setraline and go on the trazadone to help with my insomnia but it just hasn't suited me .

the Dr's are aware.

I just wish they hadn't told me up come off the setraline because that really helped.

it was absolute hell when I came off the sertaline with the withdrawal symptoms so I'm doing my best not to go back on the antidepressants.

• Posted

To be honest the side effects outweighed the positives in my case as I was suffering physically with really bad headaches

and was unable to work. I'm a nurse and I just couldn't function with the dizziness etc.

I had to weigh up physical pain and not working vs anxiety. I will do my best to carry on without medication . I'm really glad it's working for you though. X

• Posted

You should go back on the sertraline to help you feel better I would talk to your doctor about going back on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.