Sertraline - 5 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey so I've been taking sertraline 50mg for about 5 and a half weeks, and i have noticed a few changes in the way I am, like I'm not getting g sweaty hands or feet anymore, I'm able to go out the house a bit, I feel a bit better than I did but one issue I'm still having is that when I do anything that's not me lying / sitting down my heart beats so fast and feels like it's beating so hard. I also still get pains in various of places. Although I feel a bit better than I did I still don't feel great, I have a doctors appointment next week but I don't know if it's worth asking for a higher dose or carry on with the same dose, any suggestions on what I should do

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi suzanne. the 5/7 week mark was horrible for me but fast forward to 10weeks and everything is falling into place. but go to your doctor for reassurance. its still early in the process for you. keep going ❤

• Posted

Speak to your doc. Tell them everything youve said here. I was on 50 for 4 weeks then up to 100. it takes a while for everything to settle down. your doctor is better placed to say when to up the dose but rest assured it has taken us all a bit of time to balance out. Look at the positives of where you have improved so far. these improvements should continue.

hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.