Sertraline 50mg, so nauseas

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just started takingSertraline and have felt so nauseas in the morning. I will spend the first 2-4 hours of my day gagging or dry heaving. Has anyone taken this medication who has tips for the side effects?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I googled it and it says to call your doctor if this side effect happens.  It's considered a serious side effect.  I wouldn't take anymore.  I took this years ago and didn't have that reaction.  It did after a time make me feel nothing at all.  I took it for depression.  I only stopped because I ride horses (barrel racing) and need to get agressive in the competition

• Posted

Those are common side effects when first starting the medication
    • Posted

Do you have any tips for battling the nausea? I was already nauseas in the morning from anxiety, so I don't know if it's getting worse before its getting better.

• Posted

Hi

Im on 100mg. It also made me feel very queezy to start with but as my body got used to it i was fine. If you feel it is too much for you though you should definitely talk to your doctor. There are lots of other medications. I took it first thing in the morning to start with and had to rest for about an hour so i started taking it in the evening when i could relax properly. Try taking it at somepoint in the day when you have a bit of time to yourself if possible as feeling like you have to donstuff and trying to stuff may make you feel sicker.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

About how long did your side effects last? I have already been taking it for nausea, so it's hard to tell if it's just making it worse before my body gets used to it.

• Posted

How long have you been on it my love as anti depressants can take anything from 2-6 to kick in properly, also maybe the dose could be to high for your body? Im not a doctor but a/ds will make you feel worse before you get better and Im not being disrespectful to anyone but the last place you want to be on is google for anything medical. go back and see your gp my lovely

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.