Sertraline 50mg, starting tomo, nervous & anxious

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya, prescribed Sertraline 50mg. I have array of symptoms & been unwell for 2+ years now. Dr has given me Sertraline because of my anxiety due to worrying about my health & my symptoms. I also have depression due to a few things. I recently have started B12 injections due to B12 def & I have suspected IBS but haven't took the Mebrevine yet because I'm worried to take all the meds in 1 go & scared of the side effects because I already feel so unwell. I just want to be me again & I feel like I'm losing out on life due to being stuck in with so much going on with my health & being scared of how the symptoms makes me feel. I'm worried to start taking my meds & I was meant to start yesterday morning but still haven't braved it. It's such a lonely time being unwell, anxious, panicking, for so long & I hate feeling so weird & sick. Would appreciate some support & advice. I know I have lots going on but I'm here to listen & help too, best wishes all, J.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dont worry , the fact that you have vitamin b12 deficit , and you already know the that means a lot because , the deficit of vitamin b12 can lead to anxiety and depression ,and other problems , but until it becomes menagablei believe you can start taking your medication because from my own experience it gave me a relief , i am very optimistic that your life will get where you want it . Good luck
  • Posted

Hi,

You will probably find that you hav fewer side effects than u realise by taking the meds. I don't know what they are with setraline or the other but I'm on paroxetine and the side effects were fairly mild and went after a week or so.

Hopefully you have family and friends who can help with moral support but you also have this forum too. Lots of great people on here for advice and support.

You will conquer this one day. Keep telling urself that even if it doesn't feel real. Ur brain wants to hear it.

Good luck for day one of meds.

• Posted

Hiya, thanks for replying, I'm still up @ silly o'clock anxious about the symptoms I'm already having, since the B12 jab too & the potential side effects from the meds I'll be taking soon rolleyes

• Posted

Hey, i also have been going thru struggles and anxious thoughts......the reality is, you have to accept the fact that medication may ease the pain but ultimately its just a band aid, i dont have all the answers but i know that what we are battling is a chemical in balance and if meds can give you a shot at a somewhat easier life than go for it. With support and love u can come off meds. But heck

can it be worse than how you're feeling?

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I still haven't plucked up the courage to take my meds, the dr prescribed me a few things to take but going to try the Sertraline first. I've been struggling with the B12 jab side effects too so can't win. I hope your anxiousness eases up, take care.

• Posted

Hey,

Like Roger just said yes it's a metaphorical band aid. It's taken me 20 years to start realising that my thoughts affect my future thoughts.

I was in an extremely bad way mentally all those years ago and there's no doubt I needed the anti-deps to get me to a relative state of calm before I could actually start to deal with the negative way I saw the world.

Recently the break up of a relationship forced me to drastically look at myself and why I treated her the way I did. I realised that I had to change the way I thought. I probably could have done this many years before but I suffer from social anxiety so I've always felt negatively about people in general and not really learned about how and why people do good things. Instead I was very critical about people to make me feel better about myself.

Better late than never I guess but now I'm seeing people differently and actually now I'm starting to see most people are no threat and are good of heart. I just wish I knew this before the relationship started but you live and learn I guess.

I'm abit thorough when it comes to replies but I needed to get that off my chest.

Anyway, back to u. The meds might be good to gettung you back to a relative state of calm so that you can start to tackle the reality of your thoughts.

Hope this helps.😃

• Posted

Hiya, I appreciate your replies. I like to listen to people too, so vent awaysmile I can relate to the relationship breakdown, broke my heart. - he cheated more than once & my most recent relationship he did the same on dating sites & tries to justify it & not once been supportive, so I'm once again alone & even tho I have my own mental health & other health issues, I still did my best, but like you said you live & learn. I have a few meds to start taking but this B12 jab makes me feel horrid, so I'm going to start the Sertraline first, I'm just so scared of what they'll do to meneutral

• Posted

Have you looked at what the setraline side effects?

D'ya know what. My mum is suffering depression at the moment but she is refusing to take anti-deps. She's 86.

I thought my example might put her mind at rest. She doesn't even like the idea of getting drunk. She's old school.

Really hope she decides to cos I think she's going downhill. But I also get that she's scared of taking them.

• Posted

Hiya, yes I've looked @ the side effects, that's why I'm scared to take them, even went to hosp last night bcos thought something was seriously wrong. They're aware of my B12, but said they're going to write to my doctor to request a camera down my throat bcos of my stomach problems. Still yet to take the meds. I hope your mum gets better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.