Sertraline 50mg week 6

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I've just signed up and I am new to this!

I'm on week 6 of taking 50mg sertraline. I've been prescribed due to tiredness, it's hard to diagnose and my doctor wonders if my anxiety, overthinking and intrusive thoughts is knackering me out and making me lethargic.

I'm a really anxious person which makes me feel depressive (especially during that time of the month- sorry).

I'm on week 6, the first few weeks have been a rollercoaster...I've felt great then for a few days, my boyfriend would hold me as I cried myself to sleep.

I felt okay afterwards and now I'm feeling so anxious again. I over think anyway.... I worry about doing wrong at work and my boyfriend is going to leave me or cheat on me. He's stressed with work which is making me feel like my anxiety is pushing him away more but I can't help but feel hopeless and the sertraline isn't helping subside things at all at the moment. I'm doing talking therapy and have for a year but I have no reason not to trust my boyfriend and he reassures me. I guess I just feel like such a sad person all the time and I'm driving myself insane, let alone my boyfriend. I don't suppose anyone has had similar experiences??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi Ashleigh.

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I too am an overthinker! I think it makes me feel very tired too.

Has your GP mentioned increasing your dose? Having said that I think 6 weeks is still quite early days. Great that you are having therapy alongside meds.

Your boyfriend sounds like he is doing the best to reassure you, but its incredibly difficult at times to change your mindset.

My own experience is that I am constantly worried the worst is going to happen and this drives me insane. If my daughter or partner are in a bad mood I am worried that its my fault or as said something bad is going to happen! Its like I am on high alert 😦 . Also starting therapy tomorrow.

Remember you are not alone and these forums are so helpful. πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

thank you for your reply 😁 i had a review at 4 weeks and she was pleased with how I was doing and has booked my in to have another review (8 weeks from that review).

I'm hoping it's part of the meds settling in, I'm going to wait for my review and possibly suggest an increase.

honestly, it's exhausting isn't it! if a text even seems off I'm instantly thinking I've done something wrong. I'm trying so hard to change my way of thinking with the talking therapy it's just so flaming hard to get yourself out of the mindset alongside the physical feeling when anxiety takes over.

I have to say I'm glad I've found this forum just to no feel alone and people feel the same as me!

I hope your therapy goes well 😊 taking that step is amazing, hard work but worth it

• Posted

Yea it’s exhausting definitely and I do think the therapy will help but I just wish these meds would kick in! I am anxious about being anxious if u no what I mean!!!!!

The thing is there is no set timescale to when the meds work it seems - it can be weeks or months. I just hope this is the right med for me.

Yea the forum is great. So nice to know that people understand how you feel. I hope you start to feel a bit better. Let’s stay in touch πŸ˜ƒ

We WILL get there!!!! πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

I'm exactly the same if there's something to be anxious about....i am. even if there isn't....I am πŸ˜‚.

I'm hoping it's just taking its time and not just that they aren't working, which is making me anxious πŸ˜’.

I'm positice we'll get there!🀞...let's definitely stay in touch 😁😁

• Posted

We are so similar!

Lets compare notes again! In the meantime have a great day πŸ˜ƒ

• Edited

definitely 😁 thank you, have a lovely day and speak soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.