Sertraline

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anyone with any personal experience would be appreciated. I am about to change from citalophram to sertraline due to side effects but so scared to try something else. Googled the sh*t out of sertraline but not sure if it a good move or not???? Any advice on sertraline welcome!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been on sertraline for 6 days now and the first few days it did increase my anxiety quite a bit to the point I was off work, but things do improve slowly and I'm feeling a lot better today, hopefully things continue to get better as the time goes on. But things do get better X
    • Posted

Thank u sarah. Its so scary isnt it, new meds and all. Please let me know how u get on. Im waiting til my other half is off next weekend from work. As i dont want to be on my own with my children with no back up just incase . Scary stuff
  • Posted

The side effects fade as you go along I think. First few days I was fine but then had a panic attack which I hadn't had for such a long time. It really threw me. It settled quickly. Now I just feel a bit shaky some days. It's nothing in comparison to how awful I was starting to feel before I went on the tablets.

i haven't been on tablets for quite a few years but I'm glad I've started taking these.

• Posted

Hi, I have also gone from Citraphram to Sertraline in the past. I have found Sertraline great. Now just trying to reduce dose and have asked question related to this.

personally I wouldn't worry but it does kind of depend on how much you need it. 

Good Luck.

• Posted

I've just posted about Sertraline. I was on it for a very short time, during that time I experienced very bad diahrrea so I stopped them. However the diahrrea continued and I'm into my 7/8 week now.

I had a biopsy done recently and apparently I have Lymphocytic colitis and just recently been put on steroids (Budesonide) too soon to tell if they will help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.