sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi long story short i went to the dr complaining of bloating no appetite and just a ill feeling after listening to certain things i was going through he put it down to anxiety and prescribed sertraline 50mg this was in october first 2 weeks on the drug were crap i couldnt work felt terrible after countless dr and hospital visits urine was all clear blood tests showed infection and a blood clot in stool all put down to infection altholugh i am back to work and feeling much better i am left with terrible bowel habits a feeling of needing to go all the time aches in lower back a weird feeling in lower right side all been put down to post infection ibs i cant help wondering if the sertralne has had an effect on my bowels i had no bowel problems before the sertraline just the bloated stomach. Do people with ibs feel ill daily i cant remember the last day i felt well! i am trying to gradually come off sertraline to see if that helps my bowels but that in itself is making me feel really low wish i hadnt started the stupid drug and just tried to get through myelf help anyone?

​Desperate x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I personally don't take any medication only stool softeners when I really can't go a lot of people talk about flare ups I generally feel cramps most of the time tired tummy pain 2 inches to the right of my belly button through to my back worse after a bm and very bad bloating

• Posted

My Ibs I feel is caused by an upset tummy with all the medications I have to take, also we eat a lot of fruit and of course fruit can cause loose stools.

In your situation you need to have your mind put to rest and make sure everything after your tests and blood clot are nothing sinister. Especially if you are suffering from bloating. Did they to an inspection of your colon. A camera up your bottom ??

BOB

• Posted

nope they said that was the end of the infection and have been left with post infection ibs and touch wood it never happened again i was going upto 8 times a day that has lmed right down just lower back ache sometimes and geneal weird tummy feling what is weird if we have friends over or i am busy i dont think about it once?
    • Posted

Yes, last time about six months or so, they sedated me and they found nothing this time.

Once they did a test on me and were passing air up and they were having a good laugh at my expense, about ten years ago

BOB

• Posted

i said to the dr i have like a pressure feeling in my bum (lovely) and when that isnt there my back and hips hurt when my hips and back are fine i have the pressure feeling maybe im just mad lol x
  • Posted

hi...I am currently dealing with similar sensations that you listed, I was just wondering if you ever found it what it was?

people tend to post about these things and never post the result.

I have bad health anxiety, and ibs, recently started sertraline as I was feeling these sensations you described.

the doctor put it all down to anxiety and my mental health being in a very bad state recently. hard to accept but I've had so many strange things/symptoms with health anxiety it dosent surprise me.

• Posted

i went on it in october and ibs majorly fleared up also lost lot of weight as no appetite

came off it in december due to loads of other side effects went back to proxac but the ibs symptoms still persist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.