Sertraline 6 months in / just increased dose. ADVIC

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I have been on sertraline since April this year. I started at 50mg for a month then I moved up to 100mg and just recently moved on to 150mg. 2 weeks in on the increased dose and I am feeling anxious again similar to how I felt when I started sertraline and when I first increased dose. I have heard that this is common when increasing dosage but just looking for some reassurance I suppose. I have been on sertraline for just over six months now and I am hoping things settle soon.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi robbie. hope it has settled now? I was 50mg for 6 weeks now on 75mg for another 5 weeks. seem to have good week or 2, approx 2 weeks after upping each dosage, then go back to anxiety/panic attacks/thoughts. doctor wants me to give it another 3 weeks on 75mg. any advice please, why/when did you keep increasing dosage? sorry cant offer advice for you. it does get better tho, as they 🙄.

dave

• Posted

Hi dave,

Sorry for the late reply. Things have not settled unfortunately 😦 overwhelming moments of anxiety flare up a lot more now throughout the day still. I increased dosage as I felt i just needed more. I stayed at 100mg for a while and i defo seen improvement but just not enough thats why I come up to 150mg. I might have to give it another few weeks then maybe speak to doctor for advice on what to do. Make sure you give a dosage increase plenty time to settle as it can take time from what i hear

• Posted

hi robbie, thanks for reply I dont check this often either. I seem to have good periods (a week or 2) then bad periods (a week or 2) no external factors I can blame? was wondering if that is common and a reason to up dosage or to wait it out? I ve been on 75mg for 2 months. or do people up the dosage because their anxiety etc has reduced to a constant level but just not by enough?

• Posted

same boat here 4 weeks 3 days in at 3 weeks i had a good week then week 4 really bad again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.