Sertraline...7 month on...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am just after some advice if anyone can help. I've been on 50mg of sertraline since 1st august 18. They seemed to be working okay for a few months but the last 2/3weeks ish i have become very anxious/down again.

Do i need to up my dose or would it be best to try another SSRI?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lauren, I would speak to your Dr it may be that you need an increase rather then a change of meds seeing as they have been working, but do it little and slow so you can judge the best dose for you with the least side effects

• Posted

I've been in that similar situation in the past, at that time I upped the dose and perked up again fairly quickly. Speak to your gp ASAP, and go up slowly, maybe 75mg for a bit.

• Posted

50 mg is a relatively low dosage; I would suggest to your doctor that you increase since the meds have been working for you.

• Posted

hi

i would increase the dose slowly and wait for about 4 weeks and if doesnt wrk up your dose until you find one that levels you out. this anti depressant is a slow process it takes time . in on 100mg and it took almost a couple if months to level out . best of luck to you !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.