Sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking this for more than a year and I take 200 mg. I have been getting more and more dizzy, but it is a really weird kind of dizzy like right in the centre of my head and I keep seeing things like people and cats when I do not think they are there. I have seen this when I am on my own and walked after them to see who it is and it is no one. The dizzyness seems to be like instead of a bad thought or feeling of anxiety , I know it should be happening but I get dizzy instead. I know being dizzy is a side effect but I am not sure if it is meant to be like this. I am always tired and my head hurts a lot. I do not want to change the medication because over the years I have tried so many things and this one is the best and I definitely d not want to stop taking it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mate,

I'd like to start by mentioning that I am in no way a medical professional, only replying as a care citizen thats on the exact same medication and dose as you.

There's a chance that 200 mg is just too much for your body to comprehend, I've never had any problems with it but everybody has different reactions to medication. I'd advice you to speak to your psychiatrist/doctor about a potential decrease on the amount you are taking daily, maybe you could try 150 mg?

Cheers mate, good luck!

C

• Posted

totally agree with the above i had exactly the same symptoms and when i went to the doctor he advised that my dose was too high and we reduced it. within 2 weeks the dizziness stopped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.