Sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

so today I've taken a big step and started sertraline - 25mg for 7 days and then upping to 50mg on day 8. I've put this off for weeks now and I'm still petrified but I'm going for it because I've had enough of feeling horrible. I also have diazepam incase I'm having a bad anxiety day with them.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

From what l am learning sertraline is a good choice but it is not a quick fix. l have been on 50mg dose for 11 weeks and am still not level but everyone is different. l also have diazapam and take that when needed. This website helps because you can hear about other peoples experiences and get reassurance. Best wishes.

• Edited

Excellent start. You will be a lot happier medicated. Zoloft is a good drug but has some major side effects. But it should not bother you if the dosage is correct and the medication is correct for your system. Give yourself a big pat on the back for taking this step. You will not regret it.

• Posted

Im thinking about starting Zoloft too... Major side effects like what? I only know that it probably increases prolactine levels and impacts erections and sexual desire..

• Posted

Sertraline has worked better for me than other anti-depressants, I'm now on 200mg, however as I have an underactive thyroid, its not doing its job like it should be at the moment. Since my thyroid (or lack off) has soared up, the only way i'm gonna benefit from the sertraline tablets is if I go up on my thyroid replacement medication (levothyroxin). When that's sorted i have no doubt the sertraline will be allowed to work as it should. At the moment i'm fighting a losing battle until my thyroid is monitored better. Due to the covid-19 its proving a bit difficult!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.