Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

My doctor started me on 25mg sertraline 7 days ago and still getting side effects of weakness,lethagy which is very debilitating. Is this normal or should I be feeling better by now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

that type of medication can take several weeks to kick in. But if you are really struggling with it, I would suggest you call your doctor and talk about it. I know how that feels. I’ve been through it and it’s awful. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hello my doctor has taken me off sertraline due to the severe side effects I was having. I was only on 25mg for 8 days. It is now the 2nd day of stopping and still feeling tired, although not as bad, but stomach upset and lack of appetite. Do you think it will take a few days for the sertraline to get out of my system when, hopefully, these feeling will abate.

• Posted

you will start to feel better soon. Make sure you are staying hydrated.

I can relate to you. I can’t seem to find an anti-depressant that doesn’t cause horrible side effects.

• Posted

Hi,

I have been using Sertraline for a number of years and found the main side effect for me is excessive sweating and dehydration. To be honest, am not really sure what the positive effect of this drug is supposed to be ?(if anyone can please advise?) as it has no apparent effect on me - I still suffer will daily tension headaches / head pressure / brain fog / dizziness. I do however notice if I I stop taking for say 2/3 days - I will start to experience strange sensations in the head (like brain zaps ?) makes me wish I never started.

The best medication for me in relieving the tension was exercise and being away from the uncomfortable environment / people that cause the problem. An activity such as dog walking really helps as it relaxes the mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.