Sertraline advice on side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Sertraline for 7 days and feel like a zombie, can't have conversations, stomach ache, shaking and forgetfulness. Is this normal or should I call the doctor? I've not been able to settle on anti Depressants as im sensitive to side effects. I've been going in the office but struggled to get out of bed today and feel to anxious. I want to feel mentally well but I can't cope with the side effects, any advice please,, I feel so upset. thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi how you doing now? im on day 4 taking 12,5 mg because i was too afraid to start with 25mg, I'm getting heart palpitations, rapid heartbeat, anxiety, always need to shake my legs or feeling like i need to move someway, agitated honestly, although my brain fog is gone and my focus is better at work i work in customer service so you can imagine my mental struggle

• Posted

Hello

I'm not currently on antibiotics depressants because, like you, I'm very sensitive to the side effects. I was on 25mg sertraline a little over a year ago and I had to stop them after less than a week because I felt like I was dying. I had pins and needles in my arms and shoulders, kept getting really cold, my appetite completely disappeared to the point that I couldn't eat anything and I had the worst insomnia I have ever experienced. If you are struggling on them then I would talk with your Dr. SSRIs just don't suit everyone. My friend was also prescribed sertraline and has never looked back, its made such a difference to her. I know that for the first 2 weeks she didn't feel good but she persevered, I just couldn't. I really hope you feel better very soon. x

• Posted

anti depressants not antibiotics!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.