sertraline allergic reaction

Posted , 1 user is following.

Having made a decision to go on medication after a severe anxiety attack, my doctor prescribed sertraline. On the fourth day, of taking it,  I began severe itching on my hands, head, feet, this happened in the evening, I woke with it,   I tried to solve the problem, calm myself down, but began to feel queer, couldn't get a breath and thought I was going to die.

I got myself to the hospital ER, and was in worse shape, with my legs, arms, bright red, the rash went to my stomach. I was put on a monitor, an iv, with 3 medications and they kept me hooked up for three hours. I was sent home, with 2 prescriptions , and told I had an allergic reaction to sertraline.

Seeing the posts here from 2015 and reading your experiences with this journey (of life!), trying to take get through stuff, with the panic, ptsd, depression, anxiety etc, wanting to do it without being medicated helped me.

I am hoping by starting this new discussion (the last was closed due to inactivity), we can educate one another and help one another to a more positive way.

I really do not want anymore medications.

when I reported to the doctor, as this needed to be, I was asked if I wanted her (the doctor) to prescribe something else. I said no, and am hoping not to need to do that.

Yes, I had severe anxiety, and yes I have been diagnosed with anxiety, depression. ptsd, etc. but do I really need this? I don't think so.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.