sertraline and anger

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been feeling unbearable depression for a while and and am desperate for it to go away so i started sertaline for the second time 4 days a go but i have noticed today im feeling intense anger i feel like im climbing the walls got loads of old memorys getting me angry i feel like im going to explode, i have no one to talk to feeling alone a lot lately finding it very hard.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I got angery but it passed in few weeks. 
    • Posted

fair enough, how long did it take before you started to get possative results from sertraline ?
  • Posted

Remember, I am sorry to hear the symptoms in time though these will ease. I am sure you know from last time it takes time to get them into your system. As rachel say give it a bit more time
  • Posted

Hi I take sertraline and it does take around 2/3 weeks to start helping.  Your doctor should have told you that sometimes things can seem worse until it starts to take effect properly.   I find it very effective for me and I take a high dose of 150mg a day.  I found 100mg wasn't helping much.   So please be patient you should start feeling better soon.  x
  • Posted

Well to get out of depression you must start engaging yourself in outbound activities like, playing games or having physical exertion which will help you out getting more relaxed and may not require to take the medicine in higher dosage.
  • Posted

Can you up or down your milligrams. I too, am on sertaline 50 mg for ocd. I feel agited, annoyed and angry. It this the way this med works. I can usually try something bew and it works right away. I am being weaned off effexor 75. then after one more week go to sertaline 100 mg. I'm concerned its going to be the same as it is now. I take sertaline for ocd for intrusive thoughts and depression. So far it hasn't done nothing. It'ts like taking bothing at all

• Posted

Journal those memories, identify exactly what is causing you to be angry. Look within yourself and ask for clarification of your feelings from your Higher Spirit Self. Take a deep breath and release that feeling. No one makes us or angry,unless we give permission either unconsciously or consciously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.