Sertraline and diarrhoea

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

Ive been taking setraline for just on 4 weeks now and most of the dreaded side effects seem to have calmed down except for the dreaded diarrhoea! Thankfully its not all day but is usually at least once and quite explosive (sorry).

Sometimes its after my evening meal or it can be as soon as i wake up and before I've even taken my meds.

Does anyone have any advice on how to stop it or has it happened to you and eventually gone? I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks and I dread being caught short. The thought of changing meds and going through the whole process again is daunting!!

Thank you for reading and any advice. Jo 😃

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi Jo,

ive not had explosive but my stools are some what alot softer sometimes runny tmi sorry im on week 5 and last week started getting a tremor in my head and internal muscle twitching! im just constantly searching forums hoping all will level out in the next couple of weeks, how are you feeling?

• Posted

Oh bless you! Are you still having the tremors?

I'm feeling a hell of a lot better than I was before I started taking meds, so they are working.

Initially I had lots of side effects including headaches, sweating etc but now just have the diarhhoea. If it wasnt for that I'd be singing its praises.

How are you feeling?

• Edited

Yes but i think its the anxiety they are easing a little bit, started a new job and i think thats helped i think its more muscle twitching in my head than tremors! im feeling a lot better than i was 5 weeks ago coming up to 6 weeks now not 100 % but deffo on my way i think xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.