Sertraline and feeling low

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, everyone

Day 6 on 100mg of sertraline and I'm feeling so low

Is this one of the side effects? How long till I start feeling better? I don't feel like going to work. Just feel like not going back to be honest. New job I'm not keen on and I'm being assessed in a few weeks.

Feeling anxious today. Do you think this is the reason. Just want and need to start feeling myself again. :-(

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i'm

on day 9 of 50 and feel

pretty much the same. been working at home but today i had to go to an external meeting, feel really anxious , do u feel better by evening? i sometimes do....

• Posted

Today's the first day I've felt like this. I'm off work but I don't know if I can go in with the way I'm feeling.

• Posted

I started on 50mg for around 7 weeks and have now been on 100mg for 2 weeks. I'm feeling a lot better and a lot more like myself again, but it took a few weeks before I really felt the benefit and still have the odd bad day. Just try to stay with it and be aware that the anxiety is just the drug and will pass; I usually have a good supply of various herbal teas at my desk at work.

I've also had some CBT through my local IAPT, this has helped a bit in terms of encouraging me to get on and do things, even if I don't always feel like it. Completely understand how you feel, it will get better!

• Posted

Hi,

Yes this is normal, it will pass but you have to just keep going through the hard times, this happened to me, but after about seven or eight weeks it made a huge difference to my life, my anxiety had almost disappeared, so keep going, it will get better, good luck.

John

• Posted

What did you do for work? I work with the public so I can't hide how I'm feeling. I think you can see in my eyes something is going on. :-( I'm thinking of signing off and finding something else when I'm feeling better.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm in sales, so I have to face my clients daily, I find once I start talking it's not as bad, it's when I get back into my car, that I used to feel a little anxiuos driving to visit my next client, I don't have this anymore and put it down to Sertraline, and maybe also I want rid of anixety for good, as I said in my last post, it takes a while, but you'll get there !!

• Posted

Hi I've just started sertraline after an 8 week trial with Duloxetine...Too many side effects but I stick with it for 8 weeks

I have started on 25mg and am feeling very anxious, because of withdrawl and start up of Sertraline...Any idea how long before this may settle bafire moving up to 50mg

I really need support as I'm finding it very tough right now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.