Sertraline and memory

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been on sertraline for over a year now and recently i have noticed more and more that im forgetting things, important things and its starting to scare me. Can anyone relate? Im wondering that its the medicine.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi dawn

I have been on sertraline for the past 4 months and my main side effects have been:

Tiredness/sleepiness.

Need to sleep every 4 to 5 hours for 20 mins to an hour.

Insomnia while sleeping I wake every hour and a half to two hours on the dot and can only sleep 6 hours max.

Fuzzy head like brain fog most times of varying levels.

The one you want to hear is yes I have Also had memory problems aswell forgetting minor things to major things like did I take my tablets or did I unplug that, did I turn cooker off or even who was that I forget some people's names at times.

I no saying i have the same side effects won't help fix them as I don't no how to fix my own but atleast you know it seems to be a common enough thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.