Sertraline and Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Is there anyone on Sertraline and Mirtazapine?

I took my first Mirtazapine 15mg last night and feel like a zombie this morning, does the body get used to it or is it always like this ?

I’m on 150mg Sertraline and will go up to 200mg in a couple of weeks.

Any advice/ positive stuff would be very welcome 

Matt 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi matt I'm on 200mg sertraline (just gone up to 200mg 2 weeks ago, been on sert 3 months) I've been on mirtazipine for 16 months, yes it does make you feel like a zombie the first couple of days so just bare with it, I felt so doped up and out of it but was ok after about 2 or 3 days.

• Posted

Hi Pamela 

Are you leading a better life now ?

I have anxiety and depression after a breakdown 7 months ago , the Sertraline has brought my anxiety down and that was at 100mg , once I’m up to 200mg and the mertzapine settles will I start to want to leave the house and do normal stuff again ?

Basically I’m asking if this combination of medication works for you ?

Thanks for replying it helps to know that ther mertrazapine does make you feel like a zombie to start with but it should get better after a few days so thanks for putting my mind at rest about that.

Matt 

• Posted

I was ok until last September I had a bit of a mini nervous breakdown after being on citalopram it just pooped out! Being on citalopram and mirtazipine I was fine but I am still waiting for sertraline to work for me. My problem is mainly anxiety I don't really suffer that much with depression but I do get it now and then for about a week. I think mirtazapine is mainly for depression, I remember when I first started to take it i was really down but perked up after a week. I hope the mirtazapine works for you and watch out for your hunger you will definitely get a appetite of this medication! Did you get a good night's sleep of the mirtazapine?

• Posted

...when you start feeling better you will be able to leave the house, try going just for a 5 minute walk everyday for a week then going to the shop or somewhere for week 2.
    • Posted

Hi Pamela 

Yes I slept well 👍 

I was on Citalopran too for years but it seemed to just stop working for me so I was changed to Sertraline so far so good with the anxiety coming down but once it had a was having manic crying and didn’t want to be here at times , not a nice place to get to.

My GP got me an urgent appointment with our local NHS crisis team and I saw a psychiatrist last week who said I had both anxiety and depression and that the depression was severe, he said I’d probably been depressed for a couple of years but as I worked very long hours in a high stress job I’d probably didn’t realise how bad things had got , when I left for a new loss stress job my mind had the space to release the breakdown, it’s been a horrible 7 months but now I’m under the care of the crisis team and not just the GP I feel positive that I’ll get the correct care , the psychiatrist said I WILL get well again 😁

Hope things go well for you 

Matt 

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel matt, I did not realise that the citalopram had stopped working in was having severe panic attacks and anxiety I was crying all the time it took me weeks to realise it was the citalopram causing this. I finally got to see a psychiatrist in December because I also have depersonalisation disorder and it got so bad. You will get better just give the medication time to work also it will help to eat healthy and exercise 😊

• Posted

Thanks Pamela, that gives me some much needed reassurance 😊

I keep thinking by the Spring I might be well on the road to recovery and can enjoy things again , I love the Spring 🌺

Let’s keep positive!

Matt 

• Posted

You will get there matt, we both will! I love spring too 🐰🌼🌻

• Posted

Hi Pamela 

Just thought I’d let you know that I have just been out for a short walk and it was fine , anxiety has come right down with the Sertraline and Mirtazapine, only day 5 on the 150mg of Sertraline and only day 3 on the Mirtazapine, very foggy head a bit dizzy and very tired but I assume the meds need time to settle, just so pleased to have gone for a walk and the sun is shining 😁

Hope things are going well with you.

Matt 

• Posted

Oh that's brilliant news! I really do hope the mirtazapine will work for you, seems to be looking good so far! 😊😊😊😊😊😊

• Posted

Hi Pamela 

I’m just over a week now on the increase from 100mg to 150mg , what side effects did you get if any ?

I’m getting dizzy spells a bit of an upset tummy, if you had any of these how long did it last .

Matt 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.