Sertraline and muscle fatigue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since being on Sertraline I’ve noticed that the muscles in my thighs fatigue very easily, even just going up and down stairs.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it an unusual side-effect/potentially something else?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ian,

Its a side effect, I also experienced increased muscle aches and pains, lasted about 2-3wks, but has now passed.

Hope this helps 🌹

• Posted

I have as well. More so in my calves but have had it all over too. It will get better. Hang in there ☺
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies :-) I’m in week 12 now of taking, but do still get it - although not as bad as it was. I also feel my legs are slightly weaker. I hope this is only due to the side-effects...
  • Posted

I'm glad you posted (though sorry for your legs). My legs were a bit off to start with, then fine, now occasionally I have tired legs going up hills or steps. I'm assuming it's the medication still settling in. I'm in Week 9.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply :-) On the first day or so my legs felt very heavy, then the early stages that were quite shaky. 

I now have more of a dull ache and at times they feel slightly numb/weak. If it’s all side-effects I just hope these symptoms go when I finish taking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.