sertraline and no sleep??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I'm nearly on 3 weeks of 50mg of sertraline, for depression and anxiety that was awful, depression fog has lifted a bit but my minx I still racing.

Thing is I'm not sleeping more than 2 or 3 hours a night, does anyone know if this gets better with time? I used to love my sleep and need a good 8 or 9 hours! So not enough sleep makes my anxiety come on a bit, and my minds race more! Ahhh just wish I could sleep, any positives on this would be great.

Thank you

Lattifa x

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just started following this post. I'm on day five of seraline, early days I know but the side effects are awful. Can't sleep, can't eat, wake up sweating. Can't concentrate on a thing. Spent the last 5 days on the sofa. When will it stop?
    • Posted

Yes all that is what I went through, even worse than that I was, but please stick with it, at then of the second week you will feel a lot better, I promise x
    • Posted

Hi,

I know it sooooo awful, give it another 2 weeks, but prob only another 5 days and you will feel a difference .

Just try and hang in there.

I promise you will be fine, I was just like you and had Tracey and others to reassure me too. Keep on this forum it really does help.

I lost a stone in weight at beginning, and was suicidal.

Imn5 weeks on meds now and soo much better, the only thing is ibstill sweat loads at night.

Keep me up to date, I'm here to talk any time.

X

• Posted

Hi glad to hear you are feeling better, it is really hard i still have night sweats and im 12 weeks in BUT mo where as bad, my doc gave me klonopin omg it's amazing it really does help, i only take when needed as its quite addictive BUT its made such a difference keep well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.