Sertraline and OCD

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyonr had an increase in OCD while on sertraline??? i have OCD tendencies but they were never really bad like checkiing doors or washing hands things like that i dont do but like counting letters on my fingers and toes the same in a word nobody can even tell I have it it’s just annoying to me also something like I have to pull down four paper towels I have to take the same amount of steps across the street from both sides little things like that that are just really annoying but have seem to gotten worse since I’ve been on sertraline 100 mg for four weeks it’s driving me crazy it was never this bad. Anyone else please !!! I am not even taking this for OCD I am taking it for anxiety.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't have OCD but someone else posted on this site that for OCD you need a higher dose like 150mg to 200mg and that it has really help them, sorry I'm not of much help.

• Posted

When I first went up to 200 mg, my OCD was horrendous for a couple of months but it has calmed right down now. It seems to be the pattern that with each increase, there are nasty side effects that last a while but then disappear.

You will feel better eventually.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.